Northern Pennine Club material
Peter Binns was a member of the Northern Pennine Club for many years. One of its founder members, Frank "Buzzer" Butterfield, after whom Butterfield's Passage is named in County Pot, caved with Peter when they were both in the British Speleological Association and was also Peter's brother-in-law.
The NPC was formed in 1946 as a direct result of the fragmentation of the BSA, and in their early years rented one of a group of buildings known as "Crow Nest" for a club hut. This was near what is currently known as "The Court Yard Dairy" adjacent to the A65. In January 1956 they moved to their current premises "Greenclose", which they originally rented but bought in 1976. These photographs provide memories of that move from Crow Nest to Greenclose.
Identification of personnel in the photographs will be welcomed.
| 1 |